One of the things that water often does is cause mold. When it comes to mold removal, you need to be very cautious. There are times when DIY processes could potentially make your mold worse if you aren’t careful. Doing the removal process DIY is not recommended for several reasons.
Take a look at these 4 reasons that DIY mold removal is not recommended.
1. Mold Can Spread
Mold spreads very easily. When you attempt to handle it on your own, you could potentially spread mold spores all over your home and not even realize it. Mold spores can easily be invisible to the naked eye, which means that you might have no idea that you are spreading them.
The other thing about mold spores is they transfer easily. They can fall off a piece of drywall and float in the air until they reach another surface. Before you know it, you might have carried mold spores into every room in the home.
2. Hidden Mold
Remember when we said that mold can easily be invisible? This means that even when you think you know where it is, it’s possible that there is hidden mold. Thanks to mold’s camouflage capabilities, there might be far more mold than you can see.
The experts who handle mold removal often have the tools and the knowledge to be sure that all of the mold is removed. You certainly don’t want to spend your time and resources trying to remove mold only to discover you missed a bunch of it in the process.
The fact is that mold can hide really well and it’s too easy to miss some when you use DIY as your solution.
3. Health Safety
When mold is removed, there should be very specific air filtration and safety equipment used. Most types of mold can be harmful to breathe in. While there is some mold that is considered harmless, it’s simply not worth the risk. You need to be very mindful of the fact that breathing in mold could be harmful to your health.
If you’ve ever heard of black mold, this is one of the most dangerous out there. It’s also a common mold that can be found in homes and businesses, particularly after water damage.
Breathing in mold can cause negative health repercussions. You might experience things like respiratory side effects, allergies, asthma, and more.
4. It’s a Big Job
There are many different factors to consider when it comes to mold. Even when it looks like your mold removal is going to be simple, chances are it will be much bigger than it looks. The task of removing mold and then restoring the area can be a big challenge.
This is why professionals are available to handle the tasks. They have the training and the equipment to make the job much simpler.
Professional Mold Removal
If you find yourself facing a mold issue, we can help! Dry 24 Water Restoration can work with you to determine the extent of the damage and then restore the area. We guarantee a quick response and professional customer service. How can we help?